Push Notifications arrived 🍭
First time sendersWhen a contact that has never talked to you before send a private message, that very first message will fire a notification on your registered devices (iphone, android, ipad, tablet, etc). Devices are registered on every login and deregistered on logout.
1x1 pushOnce you estabilish contact with someone, your registered devices should receive all notifications from that person in background (app closed or minimized) and increase the app badge counter. Badge counter is reseted once you open the app.
Groups pushWhen a chat group is visited you automatically opt-in to receive notifications from all the users inside that group.
Notification SettingsYou can always decide later on from whom you want to receive push notifications, both for groups and users.
Chat SettingsYou can also silent an user or group directly from the chat using the menu option (three dots) in the top/right corner.
Other fixes and improvements
- Fixed a bug on *loggedOut* guard
- Increased perf for contacts list by adding virtual scroll
- Adjusted tabbar background for Android which doesn’t support backdrop filter
- Adjusted icons margin on profile page
- Fixed light theme color for textarea
- Added Android scripts to run and build
- Increased font-size in some places
- Added icon+splash and script to generate resources automatically
- Reviewed and made tweaks in the existing docs
- Added docs for generating resources
- Added docs for push notifications